Wednesday, 29 January 2014

PYSCHOGEOGRAPHY PROJECT REVIEW

In the beginning the idea of this pyschogeography sounded quite bizarre especially as some other people took this project to different heights, such as rolling dice and picking what country to go to based upon the actions of a stranger. Especially as I like to know where I am going, which is why when my group and I did this project I was intrigued as to whether this pyschogeography project could really take me on a journey to areas that I have not previously explored.

 Because to be honest coming from a place like London to a small city such as Leicester I believed that there was nothing more that I could have seen. That may sound very closed minded but my daily routine was made up of going from university to my house and the city center and occasionally the big Tesco on Braunstone Road and that’s as far as I go.

 To start our journey we used rock/paper/ scissors to find which way to go either it be left, right or straight. Then the next step was to then start using fortune-tellers, by asking some people questions according to their memories and their likes and dislikes etc.

 For example: “Where is the best place to get dessert”? The person said “ Nandos”

 And that is where we went. At first I just felt like I had gone to some places that I have seen but on this journey I actually started to notice the graffiti in some places, I learnt different routes to take to get to some of the places I had originally known. Also being new to Leicester it helped me learn some of the names of the roads. Best of all it gave me a different perspective on Leicester and Leicester locals. It showed how Leicester is not as small as I thought. Also I noticed that it is great to have a small town because it builds a great community, which, Leicester has.

No comments:

Post a Comment